We’re hiring: digital journalist/production editor
Work with the Editor-in-Chief and Managing Editor to help produce dynamic, multimedia content about international affairs for OpenCanada.org.
Job Posting — OpenCanada.org — Digital Journalist/Production Editor
Work with the Editor-in-Chief and Managing Editor to help produce dynamic, multimedia content about international affairs for the multiple award winning digital publication, OpenCanada.org, a site run by the Canadian International Council, the Centre for International Governance Innovation and the Bill Graham Centre for Contemporary International History.
The digital media platform, OpenCanada.org, is Canada’s hub for international affairs. OpenCanada.org produces a wide range of multimedia content – essays, articles, videos, live chats, infographics – featuring global thought leaders, academics, journalists and newsmakers.
This is a wide-ranging position, siting at the intersection of web production, journalism and international affairs research. This position brings a unique opportunity to shape the next phase of OpenCanada.org, including a site redesign, and a period of exciting growth and new partnerships.
- CMS Management and digital design. Manage all content posted to OpenCanada, as well as aid in the maintenance of web pages for partnered organizations such as the Canadian International Council and the Bill Graham Centre for Contemporary International History.
- Writing and editing. Write short posts or conduct interviews on various international affairs issues.
- New media content and experimentation. Developing and implementing content in new media forms, on a wide range of platform.
- Social Media. Assist in the promotion of content and the engagement of the foreign affairs community through social media.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge and familiarity of CMS programs, newsletter applications and basic web design.
- Desired knowledge in Drupal, Adobe Photoshop, In Design, WordPress, Tweetdeck or Hootsuite, Mailchimp, Basic HTML and CSS.
- Follow and have a deep interest in debates in international affairs.
- Follow and be engaged in trends in digital and social media.
- Willing to be based in Toronto.
Submit a cover letter and CV to jChylinski@opencanada.org by Friday, June 5, 2015.