Canadian International Council
Position: Production Editor
Location: Toronto, ON
Closing date for applications: January 13th, 2012
Details: 12 month contract, renewable
Compensation: commensurate with experience
The Canada International Council is seeking a Production Editor for its international affairs website, OpenCanada.org. Since its launch in June 2011, OpenCanada.org has quickly become Canada’s hub for the debate and discussion of international affairs. The site hosts interviews, essays, opinion pieces, videos and documentaries by Canadian and international thought leaders. We are growing rapidly and require an enthusiastic individual to join our small team.
As part of our expansion, we are seeking a Production Editor. Working collaboratively with other team members and our partner The Mark News, responsibilities for this position will include:
- Manage, maintain and report on all website content
- Basic graphic design for online and print material
- Advise on and implement our social media strategy
- Online event management
- Design of weekly and monthly newsletters
- Oversee internships
Skill and knowledge requirements for this position include:
- Knowledge of WordPress and Adobe CS4 (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Basic digital illustration (vector illustration)
- Strong online and social media communication skills
- Interest in international affairs
- Attention to detail
This position reports to the Senior Editor.
Please send a CV and/or portfolio, and a one page cover letter detailing your interest and suitability for this position to Taylor Owen, Senior Editor email@example.com, with the subject line “Production Editor” by January 13th, 2012.
We thank all applicants in advance. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.